Now that all the hoopla around the trust vote and nuclear deal is over, I am glad the TV channels can get back to covering some real news. Amitabh Bachchan has lost his baggage, again !
But the facts that could be inferred from the whole episode are that :
1. It was the birth of a politician, Mr. Manmohan Singh. In all fairness, considering how hard and how long Advani, Carrot and Mayawati have been trying, there had to be a birth (pun very much intended).
2. Mr. Manmohan might be the current superstar in politics, but he will have to settle for a Chunky Pandey’esque role in the Congress.
3. Lalu Prasad Yadav is a living testament to the saying : You can love him or hate him, but you cannot ignore him.
4. The quote of the day must belong to Mayawati :
The UPA’s victory is not due to their policies but a well thought-out political conspiracy by both the NDA and the UPA to check the BSP and prevent the daughter of a Dalit from becoming the Prime Minister of the country.
Yeah .. right.
5. I remember Rahul Gandhi saying that “ Instead of worrying about how the world will impact us, we start worrying about how we will impact the world“. Well, this is how you guys impacted the world yesterday : Link (must read article, superlative at times, but not very far from the truth) Link courtesy : Nachiket