You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘bajrang dal’ tag.
The Hindus have been insulted again ! Make way for the Indian Priory of Sion !
[ .... Hindus welcome Hollywood and other entertainment industries to immerse themselves in Hinduism, but they should take it seriously and respectfully, and not just use the religion for decoration or to advance their selfish agenda .....]
I couldn’t agree more. This is a sacrilegious act and deserves condemnation in the strongest possible words that English language allows (Mr. Shivraj Patil, I need your help here). Reports also indicated that a couple repeatedly dressed up as the divine couple of Ram-Sita despite warnings. I have no details about their current whereabouts except a candid snap taken by the paparazzi : Link
Maybe the supporters of Free and Open Source Software geeks might vote for the BJP this time around : Link
BJP announced its goal to become one of the most high-tech political parties in the next two years, and free and open source software (FOSS) will play an essential role in this project. BJP plans to use CentOS as its server operating system and Ubuntu on desktops.
Some of the innovative uses of Linux that probably appealed to the BJP :
-> You can come out with your own distribution of Ubuntu and call it Hubuntu.
->Mass mailing program for “We want POTA back”, integrated with an RSS reader subscribed to a news website which uses machine learning to detect a bomb blast in news items (which of course will be countered by Shivraj Patil’s own Muhahahaha “” spam mailer directed at the terrorists, which obviously will change its UI automatically 5 times daily !!).
-> You can hack into the kernel and make it crash if the user is away from his PC on Valentine’s day.
-> Integrating the POTA package into the kernel (I have no idea what I am talking about).
-> When you try to install Islamic software, prompts the message “You do not have enough sense or privilege to install this software. Please contact your local RSS leader”. NOTE : Do not confuse between RSS reader and RSS leader.
-> And lastly, but most importantly, the brightness levels of your monitor will be set to a very low value and you would not be able to change it till the elections. Their way of saying “India NOT shining”.
Wouldn’t it be totally cool see cyber warfare between our political parties someday !
Link by Salil.
P.S. : Of course, most of the above points have nothing to do with FOSS or Linux, but what the heck.
In a completely unexpected move, the BJP has taken serious objection to the use of the word “Hindu terrorists” for the recently arrested Hindu terrorists in the Malegaon and Gujarat mosque blasts. It must be hard to accept for someone who always assumed that terrorists were born with a tattoo on their hand which said “Mera mashab ….. hai”.
Respected Mr. Sinha,
Change the words majority to minority, Hindu to Muslim, and read back the article aloud to everyone.
Some recent headlines :
(Glossary : SS – Shiv Sena, MNS – New Construction Sena, SP – Samajwadi Party, RJD – Rastriya Janta Dal, VHP – Vishwa Hindu Parishad, RSS – Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, BSP – Bahujan Samaj Party, LJP – Lok Janashakti Party)
In an unofficial survey conducted/answered/analysed by me, here are the most popular news items that you get to read in India, in descending order :
1. XYZ demans a ban on ABC (where XYZ, ABC – organizations).
2. XYZ fell into a pit. (here XYZ – child often with a fancy name like Prince, Rehan, Sonu).
3. Police arrest the ‘mastermind’ (in such a news, the mastermind is ‘always’ in quotes for unexplained reasons) behind XYZ blasts. (here XYZ – city/locality name. This news is often repeated without anyone realising that the mastermind should atleast be unique !)
Ask anyone their opinion on why the riots broke out in Orissa and Karnataka. While just a few would attribute it to fanatics/fundamentalists/assisted terrorists, most of them would probably go and and explain to you the way Christian missionaries were wrongly converting tribal and poor people to Christianity (wrongly in this sense means by giving them food, education and medical supplies). This is how a fellow student here was explaining the incident to an American a few days ago. I have a few questions, and would appreciate if you can try to answer :
1. The missionaries get a lot of funding from outside India. They distribute texts that mock Hinduism in many ways. They convert people by giving them some basic necessities of life. Agreed and I condemn them for this form of exploitation. But if not for the Christian missionaries, how long would the government even take to realize there are people inhabiting those tribal areas ? How long would the government/Bajrang Dal/RSS take to provide the same help ?
2. As far as I know, the Christian missionaries have not engaged in violent activities (the murder of the Swamiji in Orissa has been claimed by Maoists). When the terror strikes are said to be in retaliation of incidents like the Mumbai/Gujarat riots, we are quick to condemn them, even though it is a form of violence for violence. Then why do we not condemn a form of violence against non-violence equivocally, if not even more aggressively ? (and not blabber on about the cause of the issue, viz. conversions) On that note, if tomorrow there is a terror attack which claims to be in retaliation for this incident, whom would you curse for your feeling of insecurity ? This switch to a violent form, in a chain of actions, is what is most dangerous according to me, because the chain never returns back to a non-violent form.
3. Assuming conversion is the main issue, why is it that we perceive Christiantity to be a bigger threat than Buddhism ? Kandhamal has about 40,000 more Christians from 75,000 in the last 10 yrs. But there are conversions where lakhs of people convert to Buddhism in a single day, where the vows include “I shall have no faith in Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara nor shall I worship them. (ditto for Rama, Krishna, Gauri, Ganpati)” and “I do not and shall not believe that Lord Buddha was the incarnation of Vishnu. I believe this to be sheer madness and false propaganda.”
Is it just because Christians are easier targets than the Dalits in such huge numbers ? Is it just because they are not as violent ?
4. Now for the basic underlying issue. If you think religious conversion is fundamentally a wrong thing, none of the religions would have survived today if not for large scale conversions (and that includes Hinduism, Buddhism and every religion you can think of, all you need to prove it is induction).
5. And lastly, why do we have this general perception of Muslims as terrorists and Christians as converters ?
The Jathedar of the Akal Takht Sahib, who has been a fan of the new TV channel Colors ever since it was launched, is irked at Harbhajan’s recent performance in a TV show, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena, for playing the Hindu character Ravana (which in all fairness suited his personality best). The video in question is this : Link
The VHP, Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena, who have spent millions on an efficient parser and search engine that looks for the word Hindu in news items, identified the issue as one hurting Hindu sentiments. (They are looking for algorithm optimization engineers, miffed that they were not the first to identify this issue. I have applied.) This time they used formula 13645; viz. the combination of filing a complaint, tearing down posters and asking him to apologize publicly.
Harbhajan Singh is apparently taking time considering he already has 13 other apologies to give to various organizations, and he follows an honest first-come first-serve policy.
In a completely unrelated news story, Maharashtra has decided to legalize live-in relationships, a decision that was relatively easy to get through the Maharashtra State Assembly, since most of them thought it had something to do with landlord-tenant relationships. The amendment deals with the right to alimony of an estranged live-in partner (only for female partners, male partners might have to wait a few decades longer) by elevating her to the position of a wife :
The definition of the word ‘wife’ under Section 125 needs to be changed to include a woman who was living with a man like his wife for a reasonably long period.
But due to insufficient printer cartridge, the definition of ‘reasonably long period’ was omitted. The government next plans to legalize the relationship between girlfriends and their boyfriends too .. as soon as they buy their next cartridge.