CNN-IBN editor Rajdeep Sardesai proposes a way to break the Lokpal logjam:
1. The Government should withdraw the Lokpal Bill draft introduced in Parliament.
2. Team Anna should drop insistence on adopting the Jan Lokpal Bill in its present form
3. A joint task force of eminent citizens, Team Anna, Government and Opposition should be setup. The task force should also include representatives from judiciary, corporate sector, bureaucracy and NGOs. Eminent citizens in task force could include people like NR Narayana Murthy, APJ Abdul Kalam, Ela Bhatt, Fali Nariman, etc.
4. The task force should go through all proposed Lokpal drafts and come up with a consolidated bill within one month
5. A special three-day session of Parliament should be called before Diwali to debate the new bill. The new bill should be passed by Diwali as a gift to the nation.
It will also work as the plot of Kamaal R. Khan’s or Chetan Bhagat’s next.
Protestors are ants and the media are a grain of sugar. They’re being totally carried away.